Sri Rama Navami is when Sri Ram and Sita got married and every year on Sri Ram Navami their Kalyanam is performed very grandly in all the temples all over India. In Badrachalam Rama Mandiram, people gather from far away places to view this Divine Wedding! I have so many childhood memories viewing Sri Ram and Sita Mata Kalyanam and One thing I always remember when ever I talk about SriRam Navami is Panakam and also annual exams:-)
Panakam is a very different drink with both sweet and spicy tastes. That is the specialty of this yummy drink.

In the picture, Panakam served with Utappam
Ingredients for Panakam:-
Grated Jaggery(Gud)- 3 Tbsp
White pepper powder- 3/4 Tsp
Water-2 1/2 cups
procedure:-
In a bowl, mix grated Jaggery and white pepper. Then add water and stir until melted. Strain and serve. Tastes good chilled.
Serves 2 to 3 people.
drink looks gr8.. happy ram navmi
ReplyDelete