Happy Ugadi everyone! Have a great New Year!

Ingredients you need to make Ugadi Pachadi:-
Tamarind Pulp- one lime size
Banana- one(which is partially green for Vagaru Taste)
Gud(bellam)- 1 Tbsp grated
Raw Mango pieces- 2 Tbsp(chopped along with skin)
Neem blooms(Vepa poota)- 1 Tsp
Salt- one pinch
Chilli powder- one pinch
Roasted split Chickpeas(Dalia)- 1 Tbsp(vepina Senagapoppu)
Procedure:-
Soak the tamarind pulp by adding 1/3 cup of water for 15 minutes. Using a hand, squeese the tamarind and strain. Mash a banana and add to the strained tamarind pulp. Now add grated Gud(bellam) and mix until the Gud melts completely. Now add mango pieces, roasted split Chickpeas, salt, chilli powder and Neem blooms. Mix everything well and serve.
For some people one spoonful is a lot but I love this Pachadi, I can eat a whole cup. It's my favorite once a year feast! I store in Fridge and eat it the next day also. I want to thank my Cousin C for giving me Neem blooms this year with out which this pachadi will never be complete. Thank you C!
Happy Ugadhi to U Swetha! ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you and wish you the same!
ReplyDelete